Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

On 2020-08-07 00:04, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said they
view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively, Support
Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

Depends on how you ask the question.* Not a lot
of folks are against better policing.* Very
few officers are for brutality.

Hmmmm.** I thing all police should have body and
dash cams.* Does that make me a BLM supporter?

Would you support laws that lying on police reports results in police
being fired?

Being fired should be instant and automatic. On a case by case basis,
prosecution of the ex-officer should be considered.

Some jurisdictions are looking at getting rid of qualified immunity. I'd
support that because although the concept sounds good on its face, it's
been severely stretched and corrupted over the years. These days it's used
to excuse all kinds of misconduct.

Qualified immunity:
In the United States, the doctrine of qualified immunity grants government
officials performing discretionary functions immunity from civil suits
unless the plaintiff shows that the official violated "clearly established
statutory or constitutional rights of which a reasonable person would have
known"