Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Remove curls from garden hose

On Fri, 07 Aug 2020 09:07:38 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

micky expressed precisely :
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 7 Aug 2020 05:42:44 -0700 (PDT), AK
wrote:

On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 7:35:14 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
On 8/6/2020 11:43 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 18:15:13 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 06/08/2020 18:05, AK wrote:

I am having a hard time getting my hose in shape to hang up, but the
curls in it are making that hard.

Use the same curls that the hose came with to hang up the hose.

You certainly don't want the hose straight so you have to hand one end
50' from the other end.

if the hose were straight, you'd have to make those curls.

I did a search for removing curls from a garden hose, but did not find
much. Is there a way of removing the curls?
Andy

No, buy a thick rubber type one, they don't curl up.

+ 1
Also, hang it up in large loops ; drained of water.
John T.

I assume you are talking about kinks in the hose.
Avoid that first kink. Hose reels properly used mostly prevent this
problem. Once you kink a hose, it is hard to not have the problem
repeat. You can squeeze the sides of the kink to make the hose round
instead of flattened there again, then let it sit that way for awhile to
lessen the problem. Do not hang the hose over anything small enough the
the hose folds over it.

I am not talking about kinks.

Just those curls that were present when it was coiled up at the store.

Andy

Many hoses become quite pliable if you let the sun heat them up. I
don't think the coiling can be prevented or undone completely though.

My hoses never get hung up and have been laying in the yard for years.
They've long ago forgotten about any curls they used to have.