Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Painting problem

On Fri, 07 Aug 2020 09:06:14 +0200, Thomas Prufer
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Aug 2020 15:01:49 +0100, Scott wrote:

On Thu, 06 Aug 2020 13:35:09 +0200, Thomas Prufer
wrote:

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 12:18:18 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

The mini foam rollers are handy. If you need to stop painting for a
period (up to a couple of days) then don't bother trying to clean the
roller, just tightly wrap up the business end in a large plastic bag -
that will keep it "wet" until you next need it.

One can also stick the foam roller in water ... load it with paint generously,
stick it in, take it out later. Any water that doesn't shake out will form a
drop that sits on the wet paint, and a rag will pick it off easily.

Does this work okay with oil-based eggshell?

It has for me! YMMV, though.

Yes, I suppose of water and oil do not mix the water could provide
better protection that white spirit would. I hadn't though of that.