Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Auto programming OTA channels when you have a Rotor ?

On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 22:05:54 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 7:56:06 PM UTC-7, wrote:
We have an antenna tower with a antenna rotor.
How do I auto program the channels with the rotor in use ?
Every time you start the programming, it wipes the previous channels.

I want to be able to set the antenna in one direction, Search ...
Set the antenna in another direction, Search ...
Etc ...

Anyone know how to make it do that ? Most of our TVs are Sony(s).
Thanks

Ummm... Good luck with that. You may need to make a physical list of all the channels you get when autoprogramming in all directions. Then Autoprogram in the direction with the most stations. Manually add all the rest. PITA sorry.
HTH Jon

I'm not a fan of rotors so, if possible, I would think about pointing the
existing antenna in a direction that picks up one or more channels, then
adding a second antenna to pick up additional channels from another
direction.

With multiple antennas combined, the TV's auto programming might actually
work as expected.