Posted to alt.home.repair

Default daisy chain extension cords

On 8/6/20 7:32 PM, Theodore wrote:
Still without power in my neighborhood after storm, but my generator is running. My neighbor lives 225ft away from my generator and is completely without power.

I have:

1. one 12gage-100ft long extension cord
2. one 16gage-100ft long extension cord
3. one 16 gage-50ft long extension cord.

Is there anything I can offer that would be SAFE to do so? The voltage drop would be considerable for such a length, and I'm sure would kill any appliance like her refrigerator. But is it possible to say "hey, you can plug in ...your phone charger and a lamp and maybe a fan" ? (until I shut down at 11:30PM).
Just trying to be helpful/neighborly.
Theodore

Is it fair to guess that the gas/fuel stations are shut down
also? Would an inverter in her vehicle be a practical solution?
We had them at work in company pickups to run light loads. I'm
thinking of drills and 1/2" impact wrenches.