Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default daisy chain extension cords

[snip]

Still without power in my neighborhood after storm, but my generator is
running. My neighbor lives 225ft away from my generator and is completely
without power.

Is there anything I can offer that would be SAFE to do so? The voltage drop
would be considerable for such a length, and I'm sure would kill any
appliance like her refrigerator. But is it possible to say "hey, you can plug
in ...your phone charger and a lamp and maybe a fan" ? (until I shut down at
11:30PM).
Just trying to be helpful/neighborly.

One very important appliance which is often forgotten is...
the sump pump.

If you and your neighbor have basements with sump pumps,
it's a good idea to make sure they've got power...