Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Remove curls from garden hose

On 8/6/2020 11:43 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 18:15:13 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 06/08/2020 18:05, AK wrote:

I am having a hard time getting my hose in shape to hang up, but the curls in it are making that hard.
I did a search for removing curls from a garden hose, but did not find much.
Is there a way of removing the curls?
Andy

No, buy a thick rubber type one, they don't curl up.

+ 1
Also, hang it up in large loops ; drained of water.
John T.

I assume you are talking about kinks in the hose.
Avoid that first kink. Hose reels properly used mostly prevent this
problem. Once you kink a hose, it is hard to not have the problem
repeat. You can squeeze the sides of the kink to make the hose round
instead of flattened there again, then let it sit that way for awhile to
lessen the problem. Do not hang the hose over anything small enough the
the hose folds over it.