Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Painting problem

On 06/08/2020 01:01, wrote:
On Wednesday, 5 August 2020 12:18:20 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

The mini foam rollers are handy. If you need to stop painting for a
period (up to a couple of days) then don't bother trying to clean the
roller, just tightly wrap up the business end in a large plastic bag -
that will keep it "wet" until you next need it.

I remember the first time I tried that (with a full size roller). It's how I discovered that some rollers are in fact made from card!

Also, sometimes depends on the paint. I used a foam type roller for
some Zinsser "sealer" paint, wrapped up the roller and a couple of days
later when wanting to use it again the foam had disintegrated. I also
noted with this type of paint when washing the brushes in white spirit
and then storing the spirit/paint for reuse the pigment appeared to stay
in solution without settling to the bottom of the container as it does
with most other solvent based paint.