Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Kingsman or Celutex

Tricky Dicky Wrote in message:
On Friday, 31 July 2020 08:20:34 UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:
As part of the kitchen refurbishment I am looking to insulate the floor which at present is a suspended T&G floor on 100mm joists. I am looking at fixing 25 X 25 battens to the bottom of the joists and dropping 75mm foam insulation in between the joists. Any advice regards preferences between Kingspan or Celutex or is it just a case of whichever I can get at the best price?

Richard

After a bit of research Celotex( note correct spelling) is out with a P/A ratio of 0.7 and a resultant maximum U-value of 0.24 to comply with Part L, the only products they had were 100mm and 110mm thick and would cause some difficulties since my joists are 4" deep.

So it's Kingspan, again two products Kooltherm 103 which I would need a 90mm thickness or the higher performing Thermafloor T70 where a 75mm thickness will give me a u-value of 0.22. Using the T70 allows me to use my preferred method of supporting the panels using 25X25 battens.

Now just need to phone around and get some prices. I have tried to get some online but most of the insulation stockists seem to want you to send in your quote and then give a price plus you can only buy them in batches usually 3 or 4 boards and of course Sods Law I only need 3. Might try a few local builders merchants who I have seen stocking foam insulation but suspect they may not have extensive varieties so it will be pot luck. Anyway just thought I would pass on my findings for anyone else contemplating doing the same.

Richard

Who'll be inspecting to see if it conforms to part L?
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/