Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default FTTP installation

On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 00:35:17 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:
[snip]

Well same here - but I suspect we are in a tiny minority. Also having a
USP you can power the PON terminal as well - so it does not need its own
battery. However for those without a UPS the PON terminal running on its
own is pointless, so ergo, it does not need its own battery.

As an aside, does a UPS have adverse implications for energy
efficiency? I assume power consumption will be minimal, but will it
be enough to cancel out the other power-saving measures built into
modern electronics?