Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UPS recommendations please

Chris Green wrote:

Sn!pe wrote:

May I please have recommendations for a domestic UPS to
provide backup power to a FTTC modem, a router/WiFi AP
and a small Synology NAS for two hours or more? In this
case quality and reliabilty are more important than cost.

I use a big old APC smartups, it was free (plus I have a couple of
spares) it eats a set of batteries every 5 years, and it adds a few quid
to the leccy bill due to losses, but I wouldn't want to be without it.
That probably doesn't amount to a recommendation that it's what everyone
else should have though ...

Why keep the NAS going? There's nothing with power to use it is
there?

laptops?