Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Lowes

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 21:17:50 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 8/5/2020 2:11 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 05 Aug 2020 16:45:40 -0400, micky
wrote:

Monoprice warns me on the item page that shipping is delayed.

I'm pretty sure Lowes waited until I had paid to tell me that "Store
Pickup: Our stores are currently experiencing higher than normal volume.
Please wait to receive confirmation that your order is ready to be
picked up before heading to the store."

Their webpage was slow as a slow dog, too.

I forgot to say that maybe, even though they say delayed, it will be
ontime.

But 9 minutes after I got the confirmation email, I got two emails
saying it was indeed delayed. 8 DAYS.

One item was that roll of co-ax. The webpage said it had 1.

The other was someething they should have loads of.

HD had a delay on the first one too, but I feel like going back there.

Lowes is the last place I'd think of for coax, price/quality wise.

But then, I get mine at the local metal recycling place priced by the
pound. (RG59 quad shield) Got a couple hundred compression fittings
there too. Picked up ~500 foot roll of waterproof CAT6 there too for a
few bucks. Of course, I have to shop ahead for those prices. I'm set for
a long time.

I never would have thought of shopping at a metal recycling center. What
you describe sounds like shopping at a Habitat For Humanity ReStore.

I have to ask, though. RG59?? I can't imagine what that might be good for
these days. I guess it's about 12 years ago that I bought a 1000ft roll of
RG6 quad shield with solid copper center conductor, versus copper clad
steel. I was setting up satellite systems at the time and multiplexing
Internet over coax via MoCA adapters.

I've been watching my mail orders recently and have seen much longer
times sitting in PO centers than I used to see.

Same here. The delays aren't always at the same places for us, but most of
our tracked shipments seem to experience some kind of delay recently.