Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sn!pe[_3_] Sn!pe[_3_] is offline

Default UPS recommendations please (was: FTTP installation)

[N.B. Subject amended]

John Rumm wrote:

On 05/08/2020 20:36, charles wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
On 05/08/2020 17:11, polygonum_on_google wrote:

[...]

Few will have a UPS, indeed. But many will have tablets, laptops,
phones, etc., which have a UPS effectively built-in as they are
battery devices.

Does not help much when your router and wifi is not powered...

I have a small UPS which supplies my FTTC router and modem which gives
me wifi.

Well same here - but I suspect we are in a tiny minority. Also having a
USP you can power the PON terminal as well - so it does not need its own
battery. However for those without a UPS the PON terminal running on its
own is pointless, so ergo, it does not need its own battery.

May I please have recommendations for a domestic UPS to
provide backup power to a FTTC modem, a router/WiFi AP
and a small Synology NAS for two hours or more? In this
case quality and reliabilty are more important than cost.

I already have a basic line-powered landline phone so there's
no need to provide for that. Also, my mobile phone can
provide limited WiFi hotspot data service, so I'd like to be
able to charge phones and iPads too.

TIA

--
^Ï^ https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E