Posted to uk.d-i-y
TimW TimW is offline

Default Removing Paint

On 05/08/2020 13:48, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 10:25:32 +0000 (UTC), RJH wrote:

It's paint on an external brick wall, a skin of emulsion like paint on
top of rock hard masonry paint. It scratches off with a finger nail, but
is annoyingly hard to remove from this large area (about 60m2). It's
just this skin of paint I want to remove - I'll take my chances on
what's underneath when I come to repaint the walls.

Pressure washer. Will remove anything remotely loose. Messy though,
put a tarpualin on the ground under where you are working and a
couple yards each side. Also one behind you to contain (most of) the
flying bits.

Good thinking!

I used one on an old boat some years ago to dislodge barnacles and
everything but had to stop when it started to delaminate some of the
fibreglass.

Not all pressure washers are the same. A £50 lidle tool is unlikely to
help. You might hire a petrol powered one.

TW