Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default How do tradesmen earn a living?

On 05/08/2020 15:58, GB wrote:

I've just fitted a new tap to our kitchen sink. It took me nearly 4
hours. That did include altering the pipework. Plus puzzling over the
instructions on the rather complicated Bristan Easyfit tap. Great taps,
awful instructions.

But 4 hours! I'd expect to pay a plumber no more than £100-150, and that
might well include coming to quote first.

I expect the answer is either; they do it in 20 mins due to experience
etc, or they simply turn the job down as its too small to make it worth
their while.

--
Cheers,

John.