Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB[_6_] GB[_6_] is offline

Default How do tradesmen earn a living?

On 05/08/2020 16:18, T i m wrote:

You might also take longer because you may not have the tools they do
or the familiarity of doing the job. Now you have fitted that tap, how
long would it take to do another?

A bit quicker. Maybe 3 hours. It's not my first tap, you know.

Just as an example, I decided to alter the pipework, so the flexible
hoses wouldn't be kinked. But, there was a big dribble of solder, just
where I need to put a compression fitting. So, I got the Dremel, plus
the P3 mask, so I didn't inhale the lead. An experienced plumber might
have heated it up and wiped it off. I'll try that next time.

The more DIY work I do, the more I respect people with the skills to do
it for a living.

Cheers, T i m