Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default DIY domestic electric vehicle charging point?

On 03/08/2020 23:15, Theo wrote:
Tim+ wrote:
Theo wrote:
Thanks for the snipped info. I think its looking more like a €śget a man
in€ť job for me anyway. ;-)

Just so you know, these are the kind of thing the installer needs to
consider:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZVx7GbAwlg
(long but worth watching to the end)

Interesting how he points out something that looks like TN-S might turn into
TN-C-S as a result of works in the street or further away.

If it were me I'd get a man in...

Anyhow, despite it being my first ever experience of one pedal mode I loved
it. Felt like €śthe future€ť. Probably wouldnt use it much on the open road
but in town it was great.

Apparently there are paddles on the steering wheel to select three modes of
regen (p398-403):
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/...0Honda%20e.pdf

I think it can be useful to tweak because for town you can use fairly
aggressive regen, while on the motorway you want something a bit more
gentle.

Looks like an interesting car

Theo

"Excessive heat can damage the battery. On hot sunny days, avoid leaving
the car in direct sunlight". Hmmm. Tricky, even in Southern England,
never mind Southern Europe.