Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default T-12 4 ft Fluorescent Tube Disposal

On 08/04/2020 07:24 PM, wrote:
Similar for batteries (not lead acid). I actually carried some to the
recycling bin at Lowes (or HD). My batteries were the only ones in the
box. I kept an eye out and I NEVER saw anyone else put anything in the
boxes

I bought a battery for the Mifi last year. iirc, the new battery was $29
and he wanted $20 to recycle the old one. Un-hunh...

I dropped a lead acid off at the recyclers and was pleasantly surprised
when they gave me money instead of vice versa. There's money in them.
When i was trucking I hauled more than one load of dead batteries from
Denver to LA. The reasoning escapes me but I never argued. Leaking junk
batteries are not HazMat so you can go through the tunnel. Pristine new
batteries are so you have to go over the mountain goat trail.