Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Antenna Tower height ...

wrote in message
On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 9:54:48 PM UTC-5, SID wrote:
We have a triangular Antenna tower that is about 40 years old and stands
about 30' high. I climbed 1/2 up to repair that security light that was
mounted on it, but was Leary about climbing the entire height to work on
the antenna.

Should I be concerned about climbing all the way to the antenna ? its
not rusted out, but I am just concerned about how well its anchored in
concrete.
I was not there when it was erected, so I don't know if they secured it
w/cables while attaching the upper sections and antenna.

Are those antennas designed to hold the weight of a 200 lb person at the
top ?

Thanks

OK, Option 3:
Looking the picture, the deck in the view is only 1 year old the the base
of the floor structure of the deck is only about 15" from the antenna.
What if I added bracing from the deck to the antenna to preventing is from
flexing under the load of someone climbing it ?
The bracing could be temporary, in the event that during storms the
antenna would try to flex and rip the deck off the house ?

Lot simpler and safer to use a bucket truck or bucket lift if its convenient
to get it there.