Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Mobile phone

In message , Max
Demian writes
On 03/08/2020 22:24, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Max
Demian writes
On 30/07/2020 19:59, John Rumm wrote:
On 30/07/2020 18:57, Tim Lamb wrote:
Probably done before but can the knowledgeable suggest something
suitable for the following spec:-

Modest price
Navigation
Robust
good battery life
mail

I have just side-graded to a 2 year monthly contract with 4Gb data
but* have no interest in video chats etc. Preferably something that
can* withstand being dropped.
* Moto G[1] and stick it in a impact resistant case...
* [1] Lots of phone for the money, and a stock android experience.

I just thought I'd mention that Argos are selling the Motorola E5
Play for £64.95 (down from £89.95):
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8520867

I've just picked one up and it looks like it can do the job for a
low price.

Hmm.. The card payment system won't allow the card expiry date to be
entered:-(

I had a problem with this: it appears not to accept the value but
registers it anyway. (Stupid Argos losing sales.)

I'm still on W7 so maybe FF/W7 combination.

--
Tim Lamb