Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default shed roof

Farmer Giles Wrote in message:
On 04/08/2020 14:42, Jimk wrote:
Farmer Giles Wrote in message:
On 04/08/2020 13:35, Jimk wrote:
Farmer Giles Wrote in message:
On 04/08/2020 11:10, TimW wrote:
This is an ordinary timber garden shed 8' x 10' (2.4m x 3m), the roof is
felt on treated sw boards on 3x2 purlins, a central ridge and a shallow
pitch of maybe 15deg. Very standard cheap wooden shed. Over 20 yrs I
have refelted and half re felted and it's leaking again, and the soffit
boards are totally rotted. The rest of the shed is of no particular
quality, and a a bit wobbly.

I was thinking of covering the roof with something better, hoping to
extend its life and usefulness - what would be good? Onduline?
galvanised steel? plywood and a rubber type sheet? some kind of new
material?

TW

Box profile sheets. Cheapish and durable.

Awkward to transport cut & handle

Get them cut to size and delivered, that's what I have always done - and
I've never found them difficult or awkward to handle.

I was thinking of the standard 6m lengths...

Well, yes, in that case cutting them is a nightmare. Suppliers will
generally cut them to size.

https://tinyurl.com/yxm8v4ey

The link rather illustrates another potential point - minimum
length 6ft? Sounds bit long for a typical pitch roof shed? So
then we potentially still have the faff of cutting
it...

--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----