Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Antenna Tower height ...

On 8/4/2020 7:03 AM, wrote:

Base:
Blowing up the pic, the bottom section has about 5 - 6 feet sticking above the concrete. If they used 10' sections, 4' should be in the ground ?
(determined by counting the sections)
I will sweep the leaves away and get a better pic.

Attached to the house: NO (just the power and coax cables) Its Free-standing.
Climber wearing a harness: Yes I was !

As noted; it's _probably_ ok, question is how to prove it a priori.

It's a risk; just how much of one is the uncertain part. _Probably_
pretty low, but 40 years is a long time and there's just no way to
really know what condition it is in.

I'm particularly aware at the moment as a friend and neighbor was killed
by a fall of less than 10-ft in his shed going after a stored doll crib
for granddaughter a year or so ago...if it were to fail, there may be no
second chance.

The risk may be low but unless you can figure out some way to really
quantify it the cowardly approach would be the one I'd opt for.

To me it's a relatively low gain (saving a little cash out of pocket to
rent the lift) versus an awfully high cost if the improbable event were
to occur.