Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Annoying tic-toc clock.

On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 9:15:09 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 03:37:55 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 1:26:24 PM UTC-4, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 8/1/20 2:00 PM, Roger Oveur wrote:
On 8/1/2020 1:18 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:
I have a Westclox battery powered wall clock with a
7 inch diameter face and it has a very annoying
tic-toc sound that I cannot figure out how to silence.
I tried gluing hardwood blocks to the back and it
helped a little but not enough. I find it hard to fall
asleep because of this. Perhaps filling in the back
with quick crete cement would do it? I suppose the
clock gearbox itself would have to be protected so it could be
replaced sometime in the future. Or maybe just a space to allow
changing the battery.
Any hints?
phil the old hermit

Throw that noisy thing in the trash and buy a radio-controlled WWVB clock.

And I also like a clock that TELLS the time (when I push a large
button), so there's no need to turn on the light at night. The one I got
cost $15 at Radio shack (almost 20 years ago).

I just push the Home button on my phone (which I also use as
an alarm clock) and look.

Cindy Hamilton

That is great if your phone was surgically attached to your hand. I
don't want to have to go try to find my phone to see what time it is.

My charging station is next to the bed. When I'm awake my phone
is always in my pocket.

Right now, though, I can see the clock display on my computer. That's
the case for about half of my waking time.

Cindy Hamilton