Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Annoying tic-toc clock.

On 8/2/20 12:26 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 8/1/20 2:00 PM, Roger Oveur wrote:
On 8/1/2020 1:18 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:
I have a Westclox battery powered wall clock with a
7 inch diameter face and it has a very annoying
tic-toc sound that I cannot figure out how to silence.
I tried gluing hardwood blocks to the back and it
helped a little but not enough. I find it hard to fall
asleep because of this. Perhaps filling in the back
with quick crete cement would do it? I suppose the
clock gearbox itself would have to be protected so it could be
replaced sometime in the future. Or maybe just a space to allow
changing the battery.
Any hints?
phil the old hermit

Throw that noisy thing in the trash and buy a radio-controlled WWVB
clock.

And I also like a clock that TELLS the time (when I push a large
button), so there's no need to turn on the light at night. The one I got
cost $15 at Radio shack (almost 20 years ago).

My parents had an old cuckoo clock in their farmhouse. The little
bird would pop out and cuckoo out the hour. Ten times for ten o'clock,
for example. It was wall mounted and weight powered. I don't remember
how big the dial was. It might've had the numbers as Roman numerals.