Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Antenna Tower height ...

On 8/3/2020 1:01 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

wrote in message
On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 9:54:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
We have a triangular Antenna tower that is about 40 years old and
stands about 30' high.Â* I climbed 1/2 up to repair that security
light that was mounted on it, but was Leary about climbing the entire
height to work on the antenna.

Should I be concerned about climbing all the way to the antenna ?
its not rusted out, but I am just concerned about how well its
anchored in concrete.
I was not there when it was erected, so I don't know if they secured
it w/cables while attaching the upper sections and antenna.

Are those antennas designed to hold the weight of a 200 lb person at
the top ?

What would make it harder to climb than the other types ?

The way the cross bracing between the verticals are done.

Is has cross rungs every 18".Â* Climbing it was easy,
just worried if it will hold up if someone climbs to
the top to work on the antenna.

Yes it will.

Unless, of course, it doesn't -- which could be a too-belated piece of
knowledge at the point of learning so.

It _probably_ will if it has withstood severe wind in the recent past
but no way in the world would I consider climbing it (even if were still
young enough to feel confident about doing so which is a time long ago
past by now but that's a different issue) knowing no more than you say
you know about either the installation or the condition of what you
can't see.