Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default DIY domestic electric vehicle charging point?

Doable? Worth doing?

In Scotland I see that there are grants available for professional
installations (which seem to be around the £1000 mark).

Are there significant savings to be had by DIYing it and are there any
significant gotchas that one needs to be aware of? I do realise that
this probably falls into the if you have to ask, you shouldnt be doing
it category of jobs but just curious to know if a) you averagely competent
DIYer could do it or b) make some saving by installing an appropriate
unconnected cable for a sparky to finish off?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls