Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Stick welding revelation

On 03/08/2020 11:39, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 20:15:34 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

On 29/7/20 11:29 am, williamwright wrote:
On 29/07/2020 02:06, John Rumm wrote:

So moral of the story, I wish I had gone for something like it years
ago, and I now have a new found respect for IGBT inverter arc welders
- they make the whole process quite civilised!

Tell me exactly what to buy. Seriously. The welder I bought for £50 in
1976 is beginning to get on my nerves a bit.

Bill

I got one of these and it is the most amazing thing since sliced bread,

https://tinyurl.com/yxe2at3m
it is tiny, weighs almost nothing and welds up to 3.2 electrodes with
ease I was in the electrical game and back in the day of transformers
none of us would have believed it possible what this little inverter
does,dc is easier to weld with.
I also have a bigger MIG with optional stick leads.Could carry it
anywhere, up a pole hanging off your belt if you wished.

What sort of duty cycle OOI?

Cheers, T i m

It would be interesting to know how many amps it really delivers. There
are youtube videos showing that some of the Chinese stuff doesn't meet
the claims.

But welding 3.2 is impressive. My Lidl cheapy (£75 or so) won't go
beyond 2. Or at least, not for me :-).

I agree that they are amazing, though.