Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default NO more free TV licence from today

In article ,
Farmer Giles wrote:
On 03/08/2020 10:01, charles wrote:
In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 02/08/2020 21:30, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 18:51:07 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip

The irony being if they live on their own and don't have any TV
watching visitors, *no one* would know if it was colour or b/w?

Nearly all the alleged B&W TVs are in Northern Ireland. Odd that.

Out of the range of the detector vans? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

no such thing as a detector van ....

there isn't these days. There were some in the past

Some that claimed to be, you mean. They were as fake as most BBC news.

They were operated by the GPO. They existed, I've been inside one. I've
also seen the portable kit, developed later, which actually worked, too.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England