Posted to uk.d-i-y
Farmer Giles[_2_] Farmer Giles[_2_] is offline

Default NO more free TV licence from today

On 02/08/2020 22:37, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 21:36:17 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 02/08/2020 21:28, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 19:03:49 +0100, Farmer Giles
wrote:

snip

Well, I never assumed they would, like I said, we have never claimed
for anything, just got those things that most qualifying got (like
winter fuel allowance).

The MIG is pretty low. It is set at subsistence level

I think you could get Pension Credit now - as a couple - if your
partner/wife is over pension age.

Thanks. Is it something you do / start / check / online?

I've tried already. If you have not reached state pension age,
computer says NO. See my post at 21:03, but try with your
actual details.

Yes, just did (thanks, both ways round), Bzzzzzzz. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

I looked it up, and it seems that the rules changed (again) last year.
Now both partners have to be over pensionable age in order to claim. If
your current status was the same prior to the 15th May last year, then
you could try making a retrospective claim - although you're probably
out of time for that.

Again, it 'used' to be the case that once you were awarded Pension
Credit you got it for five years even if your circumstances changed, so
had you have claimed it last year you would still get it now.