Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Annoying tic-toc clock.

On 8/1/20 2:00 PM, Roger Oveur wrote:
On 8/1/2020 1:18 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:
I have a Westclox battery powered wall clock with a
7 inch diameter face and it has a very annoying
tic-toc sound that I cannot figure out how to silence.
I tried gluing hardwood blocks to the back and it
helped a little but not enough. I find it hard to fall
asleep because of this. Perhaps filling in the back
with quick crete cement would do it? I suppose the
clock gearbox itself would have to be protected so it could be
replaced sometime in the future. Or maybe just a space to allow
changing the battery.
Any hints?
phil the old hermit

Throw that noisy thing in the trash and buy a radio-controlled WWVB clock.

And I also like a clock that TELLS the time (when I push a large
button), so there's no need to turn on the light at night. The one I got
cost $15 at Radio shack (almost 20 years ago).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Religion: just say `no'." [Tim Smith]