Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Antenna Tower height ...

In article ,
says...

No, the antenna tower is not guyed. Just wondering how the antenna is serviced ? Do workers setup temporary guys ? I was trying to find some examples on U-tube or other to show me how to get up there safely.
No the antenna does not come down, all the sections are bolted together.
Its a typical home TV tower that you see at rural homes.
Looks just like this stuff:
https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=ame25b3

If that tower is made of round tubes and not the flat bars and if it is
in about a yard of concrete it would be safe to climb if it is in good
shape.

There is a tower company called Rohn that makes towers like that. I
have one I put up to 60 feet . The base is in a block of concrete that
was pored into a hole that is 3 feet deep and 3 feet square. It is safe
to climb to the 30 foot level without guy wires. I put up 40 feet, and
guyed it at the 30 foot level, then put up the other 30 feet and guyed
it about 5 feet from the top. About 30 years ago I helped put up another
tower . Two of us were on it at the 30 foot level before any guy wires
were put on.

Not knowing anything about the history or base of the tower, I doubt I
would climb it to the 30 foot level.