Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Flat roof question.

In message , Roger Hayter
writes
wrote:

On Saturday, 1 August 2020 12:24:11 UTC+1, Roger Hayter wrote:

snip
NT

As a matter of interest, what can you specifiy nowadays if you want
waterproof plywood?

https://www.contractflooringjournal....d-there-is-no-
such-thing-as-wbp/

NT

Thanks, that's helpful. But doesn't help with the elusive marine
plywood which is allowed to be wet! Perhaps it never existed.

I vaguely thought the special feature of marine ply beyond waterproof
glue was the lack of *voids* in the laminations.

I once watched normal plywood being made at a factory in Boise, Idaho.
Strips of glue were mechanically applied before workers *threw* hand
broken strips of laminate to cover the worst of the voids before the
next sheet of laminate was moved into position.

I think marine ply must use knot free timber stock.

--
Tim Lamb