Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Mobile phone

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 09:04:17 +0100, newshound
wrote:

On 30/07/2020 18:57, Tim Lamb wrote:
Probably done before but can the knowledgeable suggest something
suitable for the following spec:-

Modest price
Navigation
Robust
good battery life
mail

I have just side-graded to a 2 year monthly contract with 4Gb data but
have no interest in video chats etc. Preferably something that can
withstand being dropped.

I have been happy with a couple of Moto G5's but have just gone over to
a Huawei P smart 2019 which is OK. Personally I like the cases with a
front that flips over the screen, but the fat rubbery ones with chunky
corners seem to work OK too. Probably worth adding an extra glass screen
protector. It looks as though the Huawei comes with one.

Long been happy with Moto - Wife and sister have Moto G4, I have Moto
G6+, all dual sim. Memory can be added as system memory not just
storage.

Full cases are great and with the right one the phone can be made to
prop up in landscape mode, handy for video chats or watching YouTube.

All were reasonably priced though I had to get the G6+ from Czeck Rep.
Stupidly either the G6+ single sim only or the G6 dual sim were the
only ones available in the UK.

--
AnthonyL

Why do scientists need to BELIEVE in anything?