Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Kingsman or Celutex

On 31/07/2020 20:57, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Friday, 31 July 2020 16:20:16 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
On 31/07/2020 08:20, Tricky Dicky wrote:
As part of the kitchen refurbishment I am looking to insulate the floor which at present is a suspended T&G floor on 100mm joists. I am looking at fixing 25 X 25 battens to the bottom of the joists and dropping 75mm foam insulation in between the joists. Any advice regards preferences between Kingspan or Celutex or is it just a case of whichever I can get at the best price?

I can't recall if you've mentioned the age of the house but I forgot to
mention last time that retrofitting insulation to older houses can lead
to rot from loss of ventilation. Eg if you have joist ends built into
solid external walls without proper damp courses the underfloor
insulation /might/ tilt the balance. Knowing just when it will or won't
is beyond me.

--
Robin

The house was built in 1975 with cavity walls already insulated with blown fibre. Joists only stretch between the inner walls.

Richard

Strange. Most new houses of that era had solid ground floors.