Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Kingsman or Celutex

On 31/07/2020 08:20, Tricky Dicky wrote:

As part of the kitchen refurbishment I am looking to insulate the
floor which at present is a suspended T&G floor on 100mm joists. I am
looking at fixing 25 X 25 battens to the bottom of the joists and
dropping 75mm foam insulation in between the joists. Any advice
regards preferences between Kingspan or Celutex or is it just a case
of whichever I can get at the best price?

With the caveat that kingspan as a brand covers things like expanded
polystyrene insulation as well as the foiled polyisocyanurate foam as
well, so make sure you are comparing like with like.

(The PIR foam is a better insulator and typically foil faced. Its also
quite a bit more rigid and easier to work with).

--
Cheers,

John.