Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike S[_4_] Mike S[_4_] is offline

Default Reliablest cars

On 7/30/2020 11:41 AM, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 7/30/20 1:36 PM, Martin James Smith wrote:
Hi all,

Say I wanted to buy the most reliable new compact car on the market
right now, the one least likely to ever break down on me in the
future, what would it be?

cheers,

MS

A 1965 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 6' bed pickup truck.

I've owned a Toyota pickup truck (18R engine), Corolla, Celica, an 89
Acura Integra, and I'm driving a 2001 Civic Ex. I thought they were all
great: reliable, low smog, good power and mileage, decent handling, low
maintenance, no surprises or egregious design flaws, and I could do most
of the work on them myself. I guess I would say Honda or Acura, and then
Toyota coming in a very close second.