Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default feckin' windows 10

On 31/07/2020 00:01, Paul wrote:
Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
On 30/07/2020 15:48, Paul wrote:
Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

that wasn't THIS machine which is working fine I have three other
windows 10 road kill desktops one of which updated and the moose
is fecked.....I am replacing a fuel tank at the moment or I would
try another moose etc...
that is the tank done...tried the wife's cordless moose....not
working....doesn't look good for me....hate bloody computers

don't think the bloody keyboard is working either...what can I do
now ?????

There is a troubleshooter.

https://cdn.howtofixwindows.com/wp-c...bleshooter.jpg

But it's the usual problem. How do you
use a Troubleshooter, when all your HID devices
are busted ?

Â*Â*Â* Paul

that is what I thought but a ps2 moose and keyboard solved the problem...

Exactly.

You can run multiple keyboards and multiple moose, no problem at all.

If a few aren't detected... you're on Windows 10 :-)

*******

On Linux when the keyboard stops working, it's stuff
like DBUS that died. You run an RS232 cable from the
Linux box to the Windows box, and talk to the Linux
box over RS232 until you fix it. I now have a cable
permanently set up between machines, just for rescuing
Linux.

No computer is immune from feckery.

Â*Â* Paul

Computers should come with a warning