Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default feckin' windows 10

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 23:11:51 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 17:30:34 +0100, "Jim GM4 DHJ ..."
wrote:

snip

computers make me sick...I just want something that WORKS....not
interested in all this ****e.....

Do you have the box it came in and the receipt, I can help you with
what to say when you take it back.

Actually (and for a change), you do actually have sort of a point.

Whilst most desktop OS's have evolved and generally improved, they
sometimes still can't fully fix themselves.

The problem though is some people like to be able to change / modify
stuff, and that brings in 'options' and settings, changing some (or
them getting changed by accident), can render the solution useless.

So the nearest to what it sounds like you need is a tablet of some
sort. Whilst you can still screw them up (as a novice might view it,
like my 90year old Mum turning the WiFi off on her iPad), you can't so
easily do so by say, just turning them off the wrong way.

Or Boot Linux from a DVD and then you can't break anything. ;-)

Cheers, T i m