Posted to alt.home.repair
Obiwan Obiwan is offline

Default waterproofing a wooden planter

On 7/28/2020 4:02 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 7/28/20 3:42 PM, Obiwan wrote:
On 7/28/2020 5:24 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 7/27/20 10:18 PM, Obiwan wrote:

Wife has a couple of wooden planters that she wants to line with
plastic sheet to protect the wood but I wonder if a spray product
might be better. Flex seal, seen on tv, looks like it would work but
it's too expensive. Can I use a spray on truck bedliner product? The
planters will have flowers, not anything that we would eat, if that
makes a difference.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Would a small trash can fit by some odd chance?

Not that I can see. These are about 14 inches wide and 32 inches long,
sort of the shape of a horse trough, if you remember those from old
westerns.

So get a larger bag and cut it down.

They range in size up to those big honkin' heavy duty 55 gallon
mf'ers...or outdoor leaf/yard debris bags or even those contractor
cleanup bags which are even bigger and heavier gauge ;-)

She's opposed to any kind of plastic liner, such as garbage bags or the
heavy plastic that we have in a roll. She wants something that she won't
accidentally rip or poke holes in as she's gardening.