Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian[_9_] Adrian[_9_] is offline

Default KVM switch.

In message , Andy Burns
writes
Adrian wrote:

I went from a single PC to a double PC setup last year, and went for
a HDMI KVM so that I didn't have to get a second
monitor/keyboard/mouse. Ever since then I've had a problem with
receiving most of the TV channels that I get via Freeview

HDMI is sometimes known to interfere at UHF frequencies (depending on
resolution and pixel clock) how close is the KVM to any part of your TV
wiring?

I've never seen it from DP despite having a tuner card in one of the
KVM connected PCs and DP using even higher frequencies in the UHF range.

Thanks for the follow up.

The KVM is about 30" from the trunk that the coax runs through, about
48" from the centre of the TV, and about 80" from the centre of the PVR.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceieved SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see: