Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default KVM switch.

Adrian wrote:

In message , Andy Burns
writes
You're looking backwards trying to keep everything DVI compatible,
rather than biting the bullet and moving forwards to HDMI/DP.

I went from a single PC to a double PC setup last year, and went for a
HDMI KVM so that I didn't have to get a second monitor/keyboard/mouse.
Ever since then I've had a problem with receiving most of the TV
channels that I get via Freeview (the BBC and ITV channels along with 4
and 5 are OK, as are the DAB radio channels, everything else is badly
broken up) when ever I have either PC running.

Adrian

What I would try is a separate HDMI switch from the actual KVM switch.
This sounds like a nuisance, but most of them will switch to whichever
output is most recently active so provided the PC you have just switched
to had a blank screen before you switched the KVM it will not need the
button pressing on the HDMI switch as well. Be sure to get a 4k, UHD
HDCP 2.2 rated one and it will probably switch the HDMI signals intact.

--

Roger Hayter