Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default KVM switch.

My old setup at this workstation was this RISCOS machine and a Win7 one
sharing monitor keyboard and mouse. Video is DVI-d and keyboard etc PS2.
The feed from the KVM to monitor (DVI-d) was split to DVI-d and HDMI, to
allow the TV above the workbench to display circuit etc diagrams. All
worked just as I wanted.

Decided it was time to 'upgrade' to Win10. Which I'm actually quite happy
with.

Old PC motherboard wouldn't take Win10, so bought a new expensive ATX
bundle. Hoping it would give me another 10 years or so.

Its onboard video out is HDMI. The DVI-d graphics card from the old MB
won't work with the new MB. A passive HDMI to DVI-d lead didn't work -
even direct to the monitor.

Ordered up an active HDMI to DVI-d converter. That does work direct to the
monitor and through the KVM switch - but not with the DVI to DVI/HDMI
splitter (for the TV) in place.

Seems to be one step forward, one back.

--
*If all is not lost, where the hell is it?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.