Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default School Opening -- The King has spoken

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 20:22:37 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 07:48:17 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/23/2020 11:01 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 21:14:24 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/22/2020 10:33 AM,
wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 05:29:02 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 22/07/2020 03:05,
wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 18:03:17 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/21/2020 5:27 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 20:57:10 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:

What happens if I go to New Zealand?
I am under house arrest for 2 weeks. That is locked down.

The residents and visitors (after 2 weeks quarantine) are not
in any way locked down. And the quarantine is _why_ they're not
locked down.

See we just need a wall ;-)
They have an ocean.
It is also a country smaller than most of our states.

https://www.gzeromedia.com/the-graph...-spike-28-june

So they did a better job with immigration and quarantine.
They also still have a pretty big part of the economy shut down.

This isn't EU either. The average American carries around a whole lot
of "**** You" and has a proud tradition of telling the government to
**** off. That is why we kicked out the king a couple hundred years
ago.
We will get over this, more like Sweden than Korea.
Hide in your safe place until it's over. You will be OK.

Is it any wonder that other countries get the impression that Americans
are loud and cocky when they hear folk like you belch out stuff like that.
I'm sure that most Americans are not like that, at least the ones I've
met weren't, you do your country no favours at all.

What else could you call the 45 days of rioting in our cities that
Joyce and Bob are praising? They are destroying any vestige of
government authority that they can find.

The "riots" recently in Portland were all started by the Feds. They even
gassed the Governor yesterday and a line of mothers the day before. They
are out of control. We will soon have feds starting riots coming to a
city near you.

The riots have been going on for almost 2 months,.

Remember when "conservatives" used to scream when the feds did things
like Waco?

The people in Waco were not downtown destroying federal property with
the local cops impotently standing by watching. Ruby Ridge either.

If you want to complain about Breonna Taylor, I will agree. It is far
more relevant to Waco or Ruby Ridge.

Riots to you are primarily peaceful protests. I've watch the trump thugs
attack the protestors, who were doing nothing to cause the attack,
including the Mayor of Portland.

Maybe if they would stop vandalizing federal government buildings the
DHS and FPS cops could go back to their real jobs.

It's claimed that they came in to Portland to protect a Federal building,
but mission creep set in almost immediately. Once they were on the ground,
they started roaming the city, looking to start trouble everywhere they
went.

As for going back to their real jobs, not many people are flying these days
so I guess the TSA needs something to do. They were on the list of possible
members of the secret police, but this many days into it we still don't
know for sure who they are. Even now, no one has stepped up to say who they
are. We haven't had secret police roaming the streets in this country
before, have we? When I've heard stories of secret police during my
lifetime, it was always in some other third world country, not in this
third world country.

These "protests"
have been anything but peaceful in cities all across the country
unless you think NBC news is also in on the "Fox conspiracy". That is
where I see it almost every night and predating the entry of DHS by
weeks.

The protests so far have been overwhelmingly peaceful. Overwhelmingly so.
That's not the part that makes the evening news, so it makes sense that
you're alarmed and frightened.