John Hines

Default buying/installing new central air conditioning

Theres actually more, but its all factored in as you go.

I'm sure there is, which is why I'm sure all the data is collected. For
example, I've already measured nearly 2k of additional heat load that
isn't common.

Currently, I'm working on venting, and making sure there is air outlets
and returns in the rooms, but a new main unit is planned.

You cant do the returns and supplies, till the load calculation is complete.
If you are using gas as a heating source, the gas line has its own
calculation that must be done.

At this point, I'm opening up floors and walls, I've not run anything
new.

The old ductwork ran a single outlet to the bedroom in the addition,
with no return, and braced the ductwork with concrete blocks and rocks
in the crawlspace.

I simply figure the existing return which is run in the wall (no
ductwork) can be opened on both sides

ANYONE that is going over the plans, and starts quoting prices and tonnages
needs to be dropped....period.

No, at this point I'm planning the big picture.

Some will charge for the calculations..make sure that if they get the job,
that is no longer a charge, and given back to you in some form, be it a
rebate of sorts from teh contractor.

Good idea. I've already expanded my thinking to include some pro duct
work.