Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default Viewing 4TB hard drive with 32 bit system

In message , Andy Burns
writes
John Rumm wrote:

however we are talking about a device acting as a NAS providing said
space as a network share.

Are we? I thought the discussion had moved on to direct connection to
a windows PC ...

Sorry! Doubtless me causing confusion. Current situation is a Toshiba
1TB USB powered drive (not SSD) is attached to the router (Fritzbox),
together with two USB sticks, via a USB splitter. I can see, and have
mapped, all three, which I access from my laptop, using wi-fi. The USB
sticks are only there to see if I can access them.

Laptop is running W10 32 bit and, this is where I am still unclear, if I
buy a 4TB drive and plug it into the router, am I likely to be able to
see, access and generally use it via my laptop? A drive is 80-90
pounds, so I don't want to buy one with fingers crossed. Perhaps I
should buy a 2TB drive and add a second 2TB drive in the future, if
required.
--
Graeme