Joseph Meehan

Default buying/installing new central air conditioning

John Hines wrote:
"CBHVAC" same @as.it.was.com wrote:

"Howie" wrote in message
I am shopping around for a central air conditioner that will be
installed in our 850 sq. ft home... any advice?

Howie

Google. This gets asked 200 times a month it seems.

Bottom line, make it easy for you:

The installer, not the brand, makes the difference.

Do not let anyone install the unit that does not perform a manual J,
and D or T (heat pump calc) on your home to insure it is sized
correctly, as there ARE NO RULES OF THUMB in this trade.

Where can I, as a home owner, find out more about this manual J & D
thingy, and the info required?

I'm wondering what info is required, since I've got a bunch of
electronic equipment that heats things up, which of course, needs to
be factored in.

Currently, I'm working on venting, and making sure there is air
outlets and returns in the rooms, but a new main unit is planned.

Don't start doing anything until you have the contractor do the manuals
and look everything over. While you might be able to find and do the manual
calculations, you lack the experience and other knowledge to put the whole
picture together.

Your part is to find a good contractor and let them do their job. It is
sort of like finding a doctor. You might be able to find a book on brain
surgery, but it is not a do it yourself thing. I admit there is a
difference between the two, but you really do want a pro in both cases.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math