John Hines

Default buying/installing new central air conditioning

"CBHVAC" same @as.it.was.com wrote:

"Howie" wrote in message
I am shopping around for a central air conditioner that will be installed

in
our 850 sq. ft home... any advice?

Howie

Google. This gets asked 200 times a month it seems.

Bottom line, make it easy for you:

The installer, not the brand, makes the difference.

Do not let anyone install the unit that does not perform a manual J, and D
or T (heat pump calc) on your home to insure it is sized correctly, as there
ARE NO RULES OF THUMB in this trade.

Where can I, as a home owner, find out more about this manual J & D
thingy, and the info required?

I'm wondering what info is required, since I've got a bunch of
electronic equipment that heats things up, which of course, needs to be
factored in.

Currently, I'm working on venting, and making sure there is air outlets
and returns in the rooms, but a new main unit is planned.