Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default ceiling fan reverse module / latching relay...

On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 11:19:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I plan to mount a ceiling fan on a high vaulted ceiling. Problem is that I will have no practical way to reach the motor housing to reverse the direction. What I want to do is replace the direction switch with a latching relay that I can cause the flip-flop from a remote switch, either controlled wireless or maybe with bell-wire or something similar.

Anyone know of a project like this that has been posted on-line ?
Anyone ever done this or seen it done or know how to do it ?

Thanks

I know there are wireless modules available, which fans they work with,
whether they handle the reversing function, IDK, but it's worth looking
into. For a relay, do you have an extra wire available? All things
considered, another option is a different fan with a control that allows
reversing from the switch.