Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ceiling fan reverse module / latching relay...

I plan to mount a ceiling fan on a high vaulted ceiling. Problem is that I will have no practical way to reach the motor housing to reverse the direction. What I want to do is replace the direction switch with a latching relay that I can cause the flip-flop from a remote switch, either controlled wireless or maybe with bell-wire or something similar.

Anyone know of a project like this that has been posted on-line ?
Anyone ever done this or seen it done or know how to do it ?

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 10:46:50 PM UTC-5, Idlehands wrote:
On 22/07/2020 9:19 p.m., wrote:
I plan to mount a ceiling fan on a high vaulted ceiling. Problem is that I will have no practical way to reach the motor housing to reverse the direction. What I want to do is replace the direction switch with a latching relay that I can cause the flip-flop from a remote switch, either controlled wireless or

maybe with bell-wire or something similar.

Anyone know of a project like this that has been posted on-line ?
Anyone ever done this or seen it done or know how to do it ?

Thanks

Will something like this fit the bill?

https://www.amazon.com/GoConex-Simpl...7EYJ6D443HT8TP

--
No tree, it is said can grow to Heaven unless it roots reach down to hell"
Carl Jung

No, the relay needs to be DPDT and latching (keep its state between power cycles)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 11:19:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I plan to mount a ceiling fan on a high vaulted ceiling. Problem is that I will have no practical way to reach the motor housing to reverse the direction. What I want to do is replace the direction switch with a latching relay that I can cause the flip-flop from a remote switch, either controlled wireless or maybe with bell-wire or something similar.

Anyone know of a project like this that has been posted on-line ?
Anyone ever done this or seen it done or know how to do it ?

Thanks

I know there are wireless modules available, which fans they work with,
whether they handle the reversing function, IDK, but it's worth looking
into. For a relay, do you have an extra wire available? All things
considered, another option is a different fan with a control that allows
reversing from the switch.