Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default Viewing 4TB hard drive with 32 bit system

In message , Paul
writes
Graeme wrote:
This is an offshoot of the Fritzbox query.
OS is W10 32 bit, and I vaguely recall that the maximum drive size
is 2TB so, if I attach an external 4TB hard disk and make 2 x 2TB
partitions, will that work and be usable as two separate 2TB drives?
Son has 64 bit system, so could set up the disk on his PC.

The answer is no.

It's got nothing to do with bitness of OSes.

Thank you - all of which sounds terrifying.

Having established that I can see and use multiple USB devices attached
to the router, the answer must be to purchase a 2TB drive and, if/when
necessary, add a second 2TB drive.
--
Graeme